Monday, July 15, 2013

String Prints

I'm not sure where I saw the idea for this project.  I didn't pin it... shocking I know!

You will need:  a block for each person (square works best), string, paint and paper.

Cut a piece of string or yarn.  Wrap the string around the block, trying not to overlap it too many times.  (FYI, learn from my mistake, wrap it tight!)  Give each person one color of paint and a piece of paper

Dip the block into the paint string-side down.  (one of my boys learned that one the hard way). You may want to test out the print on a separate piece of paper to see if the strings are tight enough.

When you have it working they way you want, start in the top corner of the paper.  Each type you press you should then turn the block for the next one.  Of course you don't have to do that pattern, as you look at ours they are all different.  Let the kids experiement with arrangment, direction and placement.




No comments:

Post a Comment